What's new

WTB: Spec R fuel pump

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my Spec S losing power and hesitating when the accelerator is pressed and I'm fairly sure at this stage its the fuel pump, if not then it's another thing off the list of possibilities.

So does anybody have a Spec R fuel pump lying around? Somebody who upgraded to a walbro maybe.

Needs to be a fairly low milage pump and cheap too cause I'm broke from college at the moment. Price must include postage to Ireland.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Country
with the DE engine if you run any more then a DE pump all you will do is over fuel and lose power.. unless you want to run a better regulator but its kind of a waste of time, has its up sides though.... you will shoot flames on some foot to the floor gear changes.

hesitating on acc is:
*more like air getting in after your air flow meter i take it you have checked every thing after the airflow meter and around the intake plenum, a damaged fuel reg air from plenum line maybe??
*a dirty air flow meter
*running a POD air filter with your air flow meter twisted into a position so that the air pressure or faster air flow is not going though the meter hole but around to the other side, (SR air flow meters are lop sided pieces of crap)
*a failing fuel pump
*a badly blocked fuel filter, and in turn partially blocked injectors
*nackerd spark plugs
*damaged spark plug leads
*damaged pins on distributor, ( corroded)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmmm... flames....... tempting!! :p
I've been trying a load of different positions for the afm and I moved it to the front of the car this morning if that makes sense and do far it doesn't seem to have lost power.... yet. I've repaired a crack in my manifold and replaced a split rubber intake pipe with aluminium piping and it was still happening so maybe this new afm position will do the job.
Silly question but how does one do a fuel pressure test?
thanks lads

i was also told it could be the water temp sensor. Could it be that do ye reckon?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
if its a water temp sensor, your engine will not know the difference between hot and cold so it will not idle high at start up and will do things like stall at the first intersection you come too just after starting up.
fuel pressure test is get a pressure gauge and a T piece the can go into your fuel line, turn the car on, look at the gauge.

change your fuel filter for a start

Reaction score
Right doesn't sound like it's the water temp sensor. I've changed the filter by the engine about 4 months ago but ill chance changing it again cause tis so cheap. Haven't changed the one in the tank at all. Can that filter be bought seperately from the fuel pump? Would you know a nissan part number for that filter? Or maybe a link to one online?
thanks

Reaction score
Country
It's just a wire gauze round the intake. Take it off and give it a good blow with an airline and it should be ok. I've got a good spec r fuel pump if you're stuck.

Reaction score
I'll have a go at cleaning it first so thanks. I won't be going with a spec r pump now dude I didn't know it would over fuel my engine I just thought it would be a bit stronger maybe. Cheers for the offer anyway.