What's new

FS: Innovate Wideband Kit (BNIB) + Prepped S15 Head

Reaction score
Country
Garage clearout part 2...

All prices in GBP£ and exclude shipping costs.

Forgot to put these on the last thread, so.... These are for sale: -

• Innovate LC-1 Kit with Blue DB meter (Complete wideband kit including controller, O2 sensor and Blue LED gauge) - Retails@£140(see below) (BNIB - For Sale £100)
  • http://www.innovatetuning.co.uk/products.php?cat=2_Gauges&category=Gauge
  • Bought this for my buiild, but now I have the Syvecs ECU with a built in Wideband controller, so this is now surplus to requirements.

• Prepped S15 Head
  • Bought this head with a block that was to form the core on my build, as most of you know i've since purchased a VE head so this head is surplus to requirements.
  • Head has been hot tanked and is super clean.
  • Using standard valves but with a 3-angle valve job on them.
  • Springs are Brian Crower
  • Titanium retainers are Brian Crower
  • For sale £200

Sair

Reaction score
Country
Hey can u tell me that the cable which comes with wideband is it compatible with power fc ,, and does it tune from power fc ecu...

Reaction score
Country
Hey can u tell me that the cable which comes with wideband is it compatible with power fc ,, and does it tune from power fc ecu...
Hi, I'm not familiar with the capabilities of the Power FC, but this wideband control has a digital output and 2 programmable analogue outputs, one for sure will be the typically 0-5v analogue output that an ECUs could use as a wideband input,

You only need to check their website to see that the analogue outputs are programmable, so I'm sure the Power FC can use this input if it allows in general an analogue input for wideband signal.

id recommend you check the inputs on the Power FC and see how it takes a wideband input, this should shed some light on things.

hope this helps

Reaction score
Country
Has the head been skimmed yet? As that seems to be some DET damage on the face!
Not been skimmed yet, was going to get a port and polish and have the head skimmed at the same time, but did neither in the end.

your right, I looked a but closer after your post and cylinders 1+2 have some surface pitting at the quench pads. Was going for a full combustion chamber so these would have been machined out anyway.

i would imagine a skim would fix this...

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah I would have thought so, still a great price esp with uprated valve springs etc. im pretty tempted for a spare head to build up.
we're they brand new stock valves? And who carried out the 3 valve cut?

Also regarding the full combustion chamber machining, does this effect the compression ratio? Tempted to have that done!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I would have thought so, still a great price esp with uprated valve springs etc. im pretty tempted for a spare head to build up.
we're they brand new stock valves? And who carried out the 3 valve cut?

Also regarding the full combustion chamber machining, does this effect the compression ratio? Tempted to have that done!
To be honest I have no idea what it should sell for, it's just using up space in my garage, so ive just plucked a figure.
The springs and retainers alone woud be around £200, lol.

in the early days of my build parts buying I'd already bought a set of Ti retainers and valve stem seals before I bought this so I was gutted, lol.

its for sure a good base for a head build up, the valves will most likely not be new but stock with just the valve cut, this is no bad thing as the OEM valves are better the most aftermarket, only when you go Inconel on the exhaust does this trump the OEM valves. I did it for my VE head and I run upto £400 on the valves alone :(

I bought the block (still have it and its in the US waiting to go to Mazworx, :) and the head from a guy called Toby Broadfield, he's a top guy on Zilvia and very well known (google him and check his s13 build), he bought the S15 goodies but then went LS3 (traitor). I bought them fom him via Zilvia and then containered it back from the states, i asked him at the time and he didn't now who had done the head work but he was sure that the work had been done.

personnaly if I'd not gone VE I would have gone Supertech oversized valves and a new valve job, plus all the other trimmings, so depending on how far you want to go it a good base head.

regarding the full combustion chamber, you have three options..

nothing, so retain both quench pads
Hemi (didn't know what this actually meant until recently, Hemi being one quench pad is machined out)
Full (both quench pads machined out, so Full Circle combustion chamber)

i have to confes that I don't know anywhere in the UK that performs CNC machining on SR20 heads, if anyone knows let me know.

Its a very technical argument as to what shape your combustion chamber shoud be, I'd decided on Full as Mazworx offer this in both 86 and 90mm, but if id not been in the US I would have probably sent it to Naprec in Japan (same people that build Suzuki motor) and had there beautiful CNC Full combustion chamber with Beryllium copper valve seats, erm....

Wth the Full you can run loads of boost with little worry about detonation. Couldn't tell you why off hand, but all the top SR20 motors are sporting Full Circle chambers. Mazworx 1400hp S15 drag and under Suzuki now 1000hp time attack monster both sport Full circle chambers to name a few.

and yes compression ratio is effected, always lowering the ratio, but you can change this at will with the head gasket size to keep the same as before the machining or lower further etc.

Bugger, forgot this was a sales thread, lol

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Mate love the knowledge you share awesome read!!! Just wish I wasn't absolutely skint I would have this ha ha glwts buddy if its still there in a month (( yes I'm skint and only got paid 5 days ago ha ha ha )) will snap it up

Reaction score
Country
Mate love the knowledge you share awesome read!!! Just wish I wasn't absolutely skint I would have this ha ha glwts buddy if its still there in a month (( yes I'm skint and only got paid 5 days ago ha ha ha )) will snap it up
I know how you feel, same for me this month, lol...

Catch up with you during the week, got some interesting Syvecs stuff to show you....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I wish I could buddy but got my bbk ,tyres and mani/downpipe this month so really don't have the cash unfortunately as I want to build a Monster ha ha ha

Reaction score
Country
No worries guys. I'll just keep it if it doesn't sell, might build her up myself as a spare :)

But if anyone wants a good base head to build up, this is it......