What's new

WTB: Front Mounted Intercooler

Reaction score
Country
Hi,

I'm looking for a FMIC with the pipes for a S15, in good shape.
Preferably a well known brand (Greddy, Blitz, etc), not some ebay noname... :D

Thanks !

Reaction score
Country
dont suppose anyone has any photos of a type 2 fitted to a 15, i bought one 2nd hand for a 14 so want an idea of where the pipe work goes

Reaction score
Country
Basically the hot side (turbo side) is the same for both; goes from turbo towards front of car, downwards through the side bulkhead/chassis thing then elbows round to the intercooler.

On a type 2, the cold side exit of the intercooler is mounted at the 'back' and so the cold pipe work comes off the cooler, back round behind the intercooler in front of the Power steering rad, back round the bulkhead (same side) then across the top of the fan shroud to the intake.

Now I've cleared that up its probably better to find a picture haha.

Reaction score
Country
haha i kind of understand that as the core has like a 180 deg elbow on one end there is a hell of a lot of pipework that is taking me an age to polish with autosol :)

Reaction score
Country
superstar! so in and out come down same side then- as i dont have an engine bay to look at but dont these kits folllow the stock piper work?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
you can just about see that the standard plastic pipe that goes to the throttle is retained, and (cant see but) the standard black metal tube from the hot pipe is retained.

Reaction score
Country
yeah can just about see them. the kit i have replaces all the standard pipe work so the engine bay will look like a vagazzle lol :)

i will need to fab some brackets to mount the core, are they particualrly involved or is it blatently obvious what needs to go where when offering it up?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The intercooler I had was pretty obvious, didn't have to fab anything. There are lots of bolt holes on the car that you can use, then bend and rivet strips of metal anywhere you need. That is what i am going to do with my next intercooler, have alot more work to do before i get to doing that though.