What's new

FS: 50/50 rear lights lense melted slightly

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hey guys got these 50/50 rear lights, I put a fog light bulb in the RH one, it was too close to the lense and melted it after I left it on after my MOT. :( also the bulb holder for that one was glued in so the original no longer fits.

so the LH one is in great condition but the RH is pretty much scrap unless you can some how salvage it.

Cover the postage of around £10 and they are yours.

Reaction score
Country
got the lights :)

my my my you made a pretty mess of that lens haha, I've cut the backing off to remove the lens, the plan is to cut out the offending section and then refill it with some clear resin we have at work, then buff it back till its clear :d

dunno whether the join line will be invisible or not but will update with some pics soon. if it works i might keep them, if not then watch the for sale section for a spare nearside rear light

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah it was a real mess! Hence why I was just going to throw them out!! Good luck repairing mate and if it goes well throw some pics up.

Plus some drift guys will always like spares!

Reaction score
Country
here are a few step by step pics of the 'operation'

used an oscilating saw to cut round the lens as its bonded on like stuff to a blanket

will cut out the melted bit and refill it, also spray the reflector chrome with some chrome paint we have kicking around-hopefully it'll match :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
light repair was going so well...

cut out the melted bit and moulded the lines using modeling wax

filled the hole

started to flat it all back on the front...and then these B****** cracks appeared. Game over :(

i did toy with the idea of finishing it to see what it would come out like but i was so cheesed off i just binned it

NS rear is now for sale on ebay if anyone wants it. open to offers for members