What's new

WTB: Looking for a turbo for an SR20DET

Reaction score
Country
I'm in search of good conditioned, known working, turbo for my SR20DET.

I have a feeling my turbo is running on it's last legs, plus the fact that it looks like a cheap China turbo (not saying all cheap China turbos are bad, just mine doesn't make me feel safe driving it).

I prefer to buying one that will bolt directly on with my setup, or require easy, cheap modification to fit. My new exhaust manifold is a T3/T4 top mount and my exhaust setup requires a 5 bolt outlet flange (sorry I don't know how to specifically word it, I'm still fairly new to turbos) and my induction pipe just slides onto the turbo. It doesn't have the 2 bolts that I see a lot of turbos have. But I don't see that being too big of an adjustment being needed. Just gotta get a new induction pipe.

I don't have any money saved up for a turbo right now, but if the price is right, and the product is good, I can make something happen.

Reaction score
The big question is what power are you after, you have plenty of options with varing prices. One word of advice, don't buy a cheap second hand turbo, it more than likely needs a rebuild, that's why it's for sale. If your budget allows get one with low milage.

Reaction score
Country
Not looking for a "cheap second hand turbo", but I am looking for a cheap second hand turbo, lol.

If I had an endless amount of funds to put into my car, then I'd have no issue going with the biggest, baddest turbo I could get my hands on. But since I really don't have anything saved up, my options are limited.

I guess ideally I'd like to be able to achieve between 350-400hp. Now is that realistic with my setup? I don't know.

If I could get over 300hp, I'd probably be more than satisfied. As I'm probably not going to be doing any racing or drifting (as of yet :)), I probably don't even need that much power. But like with most guys, I just want to know that I have that much, even if I don't always use it.

So I kind of left it open to options. If someone has a turbo for sale, in good condition (i.e. not needing a rebuild any time soon), I'm open to seeing what they have.