What's new

WTB: Wanted: Handbrake cable for an S15 Brake Upgrade (R32 GTR Brakes)

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys, I purchased a complete set of R32 GTR brakes for my S15. I'm getting all 4 calipers, roters, and pads. From the guide, they should just be a straight bolt on. From what I've gathered, I need either an S13 or R33 handbrake cable, or a bracket for my current S15 handbrake cable.

Does anyone have either a cable that will work with this setup or the bracket (or can explain to me how to make said bracket)? I probably wont be putting the brakes on until around mid December when my wheels should finally be here. Plus I want to clean them up and paint them before hand. Thanks.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
You can remove the brackets from the s15 cables or not bother with the brackets at all, use r33 lines and they go straight on and feed nicely through a gap in between the subframe and the fuel tank. No risk of rubbing as they are sealed and then have a rubber sleeve over them too.

Reaction score
Country
Been meaning to get back to this thread a while back, but it slipped my mind.

So the R33 handbrake lines will be a straight fit for the R32 GTR rear brakes? Are you saying I can remove the brackets to make my S15 handbrake cables work? Sorry, but I really don't know too much about this. I just got my brake set in last week and when I pulled them out of the box, I realized it looks to be a lot more work then I had intended. The mechanic that is doing my headgasket replacement said he'll more then likely be able to do the brakes for me. I just want to make sure I have everything required for the set up.

If it's possible to just use my S15 handbrake lines without having to do any mods (or just doing some simple mods), I'd prefer that instead of purchasing some R33 lines. The only one's I've found are on ebay for about £60 for a pair. I've already spent way more money on my car then I had intended and would like to be able to just enjoy the car without any more cost for the time being.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
All you need is the r33 pair of cables. They are a straight fit to the bracket under the handbrake. Then it's just a case of fitting the backplates and shoe assembly and connecting the other end. The issue of brackets is basically to remove them from the r33 cables and not worry about them, they aren't essential, or if you'd rather then remove them from the s15 cables and fit them to the r33 cables as they are different. As I say, I personally didn't bother with the brackets and didn't find any issue, it's just a case of routing them correctly.