What's new

WTB: Boot lid

Reaction score
Country
Morning ladies,

My car is coming with a spoilerless boot which I want to keep on it. It also has a spoiler with it, but not attached so I want a boot lid to put this on. I suppose I want a spoilerless one so I don't end up with a spare spoiler lying around. I would prefer a boot with the badges on too.

It must be in good condition and white, because I can't be arsed painting it.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Two spoilerless ones just sold in the past week, most I've see in the time I've been one here neither white but both bought for white 15's. My advice, you see one for sale buy it and be assed to paint it!

Reaction score
Country
My reason for not wanting to paint it is because I thought it was really difficult to colour match pearl white?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I found the average garage didn't want to even attempt to paint my bumper with most being confused by the paint code! So yeah I agree can be difficult. TorqueGT did my aero and will do my boot lid, as they say pearl doesn't really ever match as light refracts different off each panel but an experienced garage will be able to do it.

But that said if I don't like mine spoilerless, you can have mine in a few months! :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Be careful when you have a spoilerless boot on a car that originally had a spoiler as the springs/hinges are a lot stronger. Thus, when you pop the boot from inside the car, it will try and fling itself through your back window!!

Reaction score
Country
I found the average garage didn't want to even attempt to paint my bumper with most being confused by the paint code! So yeah I agree can be difficult. TorqueGT did my aero and will do my boot lid, as they say pearl doesn't really ever match as light refracts different off each panel but an experienced garage will be able to do it.

But that said if I don't like mine spoilerless, you can have mine in a few months! :)
I will ask around a few people here and see if they can recommend anyone competent enough.

If you don't get on with yours spoilerless let me know :) I want to have both spoilerless and spoilered and just swap between the two lids when I feel like it!

Be careful when you have a spoilerless boot on a car that originally had a spoiler as the springs/hinges are a lot stronger. Thus, when you pop the boot from inside the car, it will try and fling itself through your back window!!
I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for the warning.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I want to have both spoilerless and spoilered and just swap between the two lids when I feel like it!
Exactly my plan too! Don't take my word but I think they said its like 7 coats of white with 2 of pearl... I'm taking my boot down tomorrow I'll try pry some details!

Wise words Craig, my Evo used to do that!