What's new

My S15

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
So when I booked the next trackday I intended on getting some Toyo R888's, time flew by and before I knew it the trackday was upon me and I had no money for 888's :cry: I was very lucky though and managed to find somebody to lend me theirs! You know who you are and you are a legend!

I wasn't sure if they'd fit due to the offset and width of the stunning works rims (9") but they did and they look bloody fantastic :nod:

The trackday was organised by Modified Motors (an Irish modified car magazine) and it was a lot of fun :D The R888's made some difference and I shaved 2.5 seconds off my previous best timed lap of 1.14.1 (new best = 1.11.5)

I've no shots of me driving yet but I've been promised some from one of the lads who was taking pics on the day!

Last edited:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
The coilovers:

My HKS coilovers were knocking and had to be replaced :cry: I decided to go for the Driftworks CS2's and they are brilliant! The car is much more comfortable on the road but the softer springs also make for better grip around the circuit. Granted I now have even less hope of ever drifting in it due to the increased grip but with the lack of any real power it was never gonna happen anyway!

Underseal:

I decided to underseal my car after reading up on the state of a lot of S13 & 14 shells. They're not fairing very well and a number of people are having to scrap / reshell as a result! So seeing that my Silvia is ten this year I decided it was as good a time as any. I got Rob to do the arches after seeing the fantastic job he did on his own and then I took a few days off work and got stuck into the underbody...

The cills were starting to show some surface rust so it was easier treat it now and then underseal it than try to go back in a couple of years when the problem is much worse! It took bloody ages; I had to remove the surface rust & existing sealer with a wire brush (drill bit) and then apply Hammerite Krust Gel which then had to be reapplied every half hour for three hours. This then had to be washed down with a hose and a wire brush to remove all of the solution. Once it had all dried I masked off anything that shouldn't be covered in sealer and used Hammerit Waxoyl Undersealer which had to be reapplied 2 hours later and left overnight to dry. In the morning I used Hammerite Stone chip protector, similarly this should be reapplied after two hours with a third coat two hours after that and left overnight. I'm quite happy with the results and won't be worrying too much when I see them salting the roads at xmas :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks really good mate! Loving the 888's :thumbs:

I need to re-do my underseal so theres a second coat to help fight off this s**t weather were having!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks Tom, the R888's are amazing, I don't think I can do another trackday without them! But those Works rims and the offset look amazing :smitten: it's lucky I don't have any money - if I did the NISMO's wouldn't see the light of day again :(

subzero

Reaction score
nice work on the undersealing , must get to doing it myself , ill wait till sept, think were getting one day of fine weather then . did all the materials cost ya kuch ??

ive done the twincam but we did three cars to bring the cost down .

Reaction score
Those wheels look amazing on your car!!! i have the CS2's as well, they are amazing haha, stiff but comfy and the grip levels are awesome even with out R888 lol

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks Johnny, the materials didn't cost much. Think the Krust gel was €8 & I've loads left, the Hammerite Waxoyl underseal & Stone chip were less than €10 per can - 1 did the underseal and I'd advise you to get 2 or 3 cans of the stone chip.... All bought in Halfords :thumbs:

Those wheels look amazing on your car!!! i have the CS2's as well, they are amazing haha, stiff but comfy and the grip levels are awesome even with out R888 lol
I know, I need them wheels in my life! I had road tyres on the trackday in July and the grip levels were superb on the CS2's! They're nice and comfortable on the road too but I am after changing from HKS coilovers with 10 & 7 spring rates!!!

Last edited:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Very small update. Finally got my hands on a second hand rear strut brace! I didn't want one that was above the shelf for everybody to see so I had to find a Cusco one and I eventually found one :D

I have also sourced a new Cusco front ARB which I should be collecting next week along with a piece of engine bay bling that I've been after since the first time I saw Rays car :thumbs:

Reaction score
Got both the front/rear cusco arbs on mine and they a good quality pieces of kit.
Nice car there matey :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Very small update. Finally got my hands on a second hand rear strut brace! I didn't want one that was above the shelf for everybody to see so I had to find a Cusco one and I eventually found one :D
I hope you used my fitting guide :p They are a good bit of gear.

subzero

Reaction score
will that strut brace also go up ?? , i like the one that you can see above in the back window

did you buy that off christy ?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
will that strut brace also go up ?? , i like the one that you can see above in the back window
No, It will only go under the parcel shelf. I am not sure if there is one that goes above it. I am sure that kimi will be able to tell us.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Thanks Kango :D I recently bought an adjustable Whiteline rear ARB but couldn't afford the pair so when I came across the Cusco front last week at a fair price I HAD to get it ;)

Johnny; Most of them go over the parcel shelf (tein etc) but Cusco is the only manufacturer I'd come across that did a hidden one... I bought it off JP, he couldn't sell the 14 so he's breaking it...

Meddler; I missed you're fitting guide but I removed it from the car it was in so it was a handy enough installation :thumbs:

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Very small update;
I've been meaning to paint my window wipers and scuttle panel and remove the cheap looking Nissan sign from the back of the car for ages but have always been too lazy! So I got home early from work yesterday evening and got stuck into it!

And when I removed the Nissan badge look what I found??? (but it's also been removed...)

And seeing as I've been asked to throw my car up on a stand tomorrow at Japfest I figured I'd give her a bit of a clean today (I'll do the wheels tomorrow) :thumbs: