What's new

Dave_t's S15 Spec-R Aero

Reaction score
Country
Looking awesome! is that standard front wings? i just live with the exhaust banging on speed bumps with mine

Reaction score
Country
Wow mate that looks stunning! :nod:

As for the centre box, one of my mates cut his centre box in half length ways and welded a piece of flat sheet to the bottom...had great clearance and still silenced as normal..

I need to pop round yours one of the weekends and have a closer look at your sexmobile! :D

was that Sean's exhaust on his S14? i seem to remember it from his build-up on sxoc. great idea to be honest.

Yeah we need a little meet Jay. be out this Saturday with the rest of FINALBOSS for some photo's, if your about? drop me a message on FB if you are dude

Need to do my loom soon though, so will be using your pictures to compare with!
Nice Little write up. I plan on moving the loom further up into the arch in the next few weeks.
drop me a message if you need any info, few niggly bits that i overcome by trial and error so feel free to hit me up

Reaction score
Country
With me wanting to go lower, and cutting out the middle-box for clearance not really an option, because it will be a little loud leaving for work at 6am, as much as i love the Kakimoto REGU 96-R, i started looking at other exhausts with smaller middle-boxes.

after searching, the only one to fit the bill was this.

The Tanabe Hyper Medallion

Think it will do the job nicely, and it will be a welcomed change to the look of the rear of the car.

waiting for the rain to pass so i can fit it!

Reaction score
Country
Saw this on eBay the other day, look forward to seeing the clearence, I have a mongoose system which has good clearence, looks and sounds like **** though! This mean you're selling your old exhaust?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah possibly will stick it up forsale, if i like the Tanabe once its fitted. love the look & sound of the Kakimoto but don't want to wreck it when it's lowered.

Reaction score
Country
18x9.75 et20 All Round Ollie. Some light front arch work today and setting the ride height and camber has got them fitting nicely. (no pics yet)

Managed to get a couple of other little jobs done too.

Fitted my fresh Apexi Filter, courtesy of Craig

Also fitted the Hyper Medallion. Lots more clearence

And i think i much prefer the look of the rear now

It is noticeably quieter than the Kakimoto and the tone is really nice IMO. Try and. Get a vid up of it

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Thats looks real nice, good to see some slamming going on :) I've just done the same loom tuck on mine, like the notch you've done to get it higher at the bulk head end :D

Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate, i thought i'd make a neat job of it - even though realistically you will never see it again now the wing is on :rolleyes:

Decided the 18x9.75's up front are just a little too wide, especially now shes lowered.

Really like the 527's, so iv'e ordered a pair in 18x8.75 to gain that little bit of extra clearance. can always space them out a few mm to get the desired fitment.

just hope they arrive in time before JAE! ETA is Friday - Tuesday. fingers crossed :eek:

Reaction score
Country
well it might be a bit of a wait on the new wheels, as the 18x8.75 et35 versions are temporarily out of stock, and the 18x8.75 et20's i dont think would be much of an advantage over my 18x9.75 et20's, only being an inch thinner.

Getting back to me with an ETA. So no doubt i will raise it for the trip to JAE, which is unfortunate!

On a more positive not, i am Very pleased to say i have managed to get greg@PROTUNER to book me in for setting up my AVC-R & Remapping the Apexi Power FC at the end of the month.

So i thought i'd get round to mounting the Power FC Hand Controller somewhere on the dash, ready for Greg's fir hands to use.

Finally deciding to actually use the AVC-R Stand.

I fitted the stand to the dash using very strong double sided tape.

Then to mount the hand controller to the stand i used 3M Nylock.

Kind of a heavy duty velcro. Amazing stuff - i used it earlier on in my build thread for mounting the mesh on my front bumper.

Finished Product.

Quite pleased with it - not as intrusive to the cabin as i thought it might be. To further the 'Apexi' theme in the interior, i'm waiting on an Apexi Boost gauge to turn up, to replace the intermittent oem unit.

Count down to mapping begins!

Reaction score
Country
yes mate, still oem. i have been looking for aftermarket ones, to make the most of remapping, but no good quality ones have come up second hand yet. on the search!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Your car and Finalboss is everywhere on my stalkbook feed after JAE mate! Seems you lot definitely made an impression. Giving me some motivation to get on with mine! Get some S15oc stickers on there too! ;)

Looking forward to seeing it mapped, going to copy your loom work on the arch to. Nice tidy job miles better idea than chopping the loom!

Reaction score
Country
Your car and Finalboss is everywhere on my stalkbook feed after JAE mate! Seems you lot definitely made an impression. Giving me some motivation to get on with mine! Get some S15oc stickers on there too! ;)

Looking forward to seeing it mapped, going to copy your loom work on the arch to. Nice tidy job miles better idea than chopping the loom!
Thanks Mike, drop me a message before you start and i can give you a couple of tips to make it a little easier!

Yeah JAE was pretty good this year, shame we didn't have much time to prepare for it though, everything left to the last minute as usual lol. majority of our cars were/are still a work in progress. Aaron Beck's Zenkei S14 took best car of the show which was quite surprising to say the least :wack: well deserved with the amount of work gone into it. The retro-fitted HID projectors, the engine bay, the tubbed arches in particular, but if anyone of our cars were a work in progress it was definitely Aaron's S14. should be amazing once finished.

his celebratory '90's Japanese drift esque' picture causing a lot of commotion ahaaaaa.

his bonnet had flew up the same night the engine was put back in the car, a few days before JAE, shortly after this:

CLICK FOR VID.

noneffective handbrake made for lame entries :down:

With next years JAE being confirmed as a 4 day show i can't wait to go back! did any of you make the trip there this year?

here are a few pictures of the FINALBOSS stand & the S15

Last edited: