What's new

Newbie from Finland

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Hi All!

Just like to introduce myself. My name is Marcus and Im from Nokia in Finland. I have been checking this forum few months now and I can't get Silvias out of my mind anymore :smitten:

At this point of my life (i'm just 20 years old) I can't afford Silvia Spec-R, but thats the one I'm going to get in late 2009...

My last car was 200sx Rs13 which was pretty nice car for the first car...
D2-coilovers, Greddy dump, Turbosmart, bigger intercooler and few more things I did to that car. It was nice thing to drive.

Three weeks ago my friend drove it to metalrail (I was on passenger seat) and that was the way how my first car story ended.

Before

After

Now I have bought kawasaki green convertible Vw for the summer (No pics without request :D) Maybe later this year I have enough money to buy my dream car.. There are none road-legal S15's in Finland at least in my knowledge, so maybe I'm first one.

Thanks for reading!
And sorry for my "not-so-good-english"

Ps. For finnish members: Onkos täällä ketään muita suomalaisia?

Reaction score
Country
Welcome to the forums! I was in the same boat as you, always dreamed of owning an Silvia S15 since they first came out, but could never afford one. So I ended up buying an S12, S13, and an S14, but never quite felt the satisfaction, so I finally purchased my first S15 a couple months ago and I'm loving it!

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
welcome to the forum iam sure u will find all the info u need to get good S15..just take ur time tho no rushing into it...:wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Tervehdys!

No, there are currently no other Finnish forum members. You are the first! Although I will be moving to Helsinki later this year :)

Are you in Espoo or somewhere else?

Not sure about the imports. Loads of S13s, S14s and Skylines imported, but its not very clear about S15s. The import listings for last year show a couple of 2000 '200SX's. If these were imported from Japan, they would have to be S15s, but if it was Europe, they would be S14as. Have to say I tend to think it would be more obvious if they were S15s. Its likely no-one has had to go through the initial legalizing to see what's required. Going from what is needed for Sweden and Norway, its mainly the headlight patterns which are the problem. HIDs can also be a problem.

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Im living in Tampere about 200km from Helsinki/Espoo.

Im the first one, really?!! :cool:

I know four or five S15's in Finland and at least three of them is build only for drifting or other racing, so those are never meant to be in public roads.

One guy imported '01 S15 last year and was going to get it road-legal but now he is selling it cause' his situation of life is messy, so he can't afford to keep it. He even pay taxes for it (only 4100€)!

I'm looking Spec-R with under 100.000km and model year 2000.
Company called Mamasan (http://www.mamasan.fi) is going to import it to me and total cost of the car (including car, cargo, customs, taxes, company commission, registration etc.) is planned to be 15-16k€.

mainly the headlight patterns which are the problem
That's not a problem :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That seems quite pricey. Have you looked into getting one imported to the UK, then taking it to Finland? That's how Yakozan did his (first legal S15 in Sweden).

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
I thought that price is pretty nice for me (taxes and other payments concerning cars are very high here in Finland).

Well I have to find out is that "Jap > Uk > Fin"-way going to be that much cheaper and will it pay off the work.

I did read Yakozan import story and now starts my determine about that thing...

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
Finally bought S15 Spec-R

I finaly bought S15 Spec-R last night from Japan. I have not seen the car in live, but from the pictures it looks amazing, I am lovin' it :smitten:

Its Grade 4, 1999 Spec-r with 88000km drived km's
Here is selling pictures from Japan..

It (She ;)) has Work wheels, JIC coilovers, Yashio Factory led-taillamps and lots of more little modifications.

I Will get more pictures in next two weeks..
One more time big thanks to you guys from Mamasan (http://www.mamasan.fi) for get me little bit closer to Silvia :thumbs:

Ps. In Finland we have only 1 (one!) roadlegal S15 and also less than ten S15 in whole country...

I'll be back with more infos and pics asap! Still lot to go before I really can touch this beauty.