Steering Wheel + Boss

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hiya,

Just wanted to get my head round swapping the S15 steering wheel for an aftermarket item. I've searched on here and seen a couple of older threads relating to Driftworks selling the quick-release boss adaptor but I think I need to find out more info etc.

My questions are:

1. If I'm looking for a boss, does it have to be S15 specific, or can it work with S14 boss or even universal will do?

2. Driftworks used to sell an S15 boss which sorted out airbag light flashing etc but unfortunately no more... :( How do you wire the airbag light so it doesn't flash after fitting new boss?

3. What's this issue about new boss causing indicator lights to come on or flash - I take it this means the hazard/indicator lights??

4. How do people wire in the horn because apparently, bosses don't come with these adaptors either?!

Cheers in advance :thumbs:

James

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks for the link mate - looks like it's got everything!! :nod:

I'll check out what steering-wheels go with the boss and order both at the same time :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
M

Matt_S

If youre not wearing a harness, I wouldnt reccomend ditching the Airbag wheel. And if you then move the wheel nearer to you like youre on about, youre asking a for trouble if the unfortunate happens and you have an incident where the std wheel would have saved your life!

I really like the std wheel! Its so much nicer than any other S body wheel.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Fair point Matt - that's the one issue that still puts me off although fitting a harness isn't an option at the moment :(

Maybe I should wear a helmet all the time :wack: No but seriously, I'm going to have a long hard think about it cos in all the excitement, I forgot about preserving my face should anything unfortunate happen (touch wood)...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yeah i have to agree on the harness thing, I fitted mine before i fitted me Nardi wheel for obvious saftey reasons with lack of airbag.

The boss kit i bought in Japan was s15 specific and it had plug fuses for Airbag light, also wires for the horn. As for the indicator's i had no problem.. however, mine have been U/S for months now lol!

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
3. What's this issue about new boss causing indicator lights to come on or flash - I take it this means the hazard/indicator lights??
Mint - what is it with indicators??? I can't see why indicators have anything to do with OEM steering-wheel removal?!
Iv no idea.. thats what you asked not me :thumbs::wave: lol, but they dont buddy Mine are just broken anyway haha!