LuPix's S14a 'The Speed Factory' Track Project :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok fellas - here goes lol!!

After all the bashing about not going back my beloved S15, I thought it's about time to start a project thread... dedicated to my new S14a machine which will be an S15 'in spirit' lmao :rotfl: :p

Well, collected the red S14a 200SX from seller in Derby exactly 2 weeks ago... got a good price so as soon as I got the keys, drove her up to Gav's Speed Factory which is in Chorley (Lancashire) and we had a good chat about plans for parts as well as my budget etc. Suspension components wise we decided on Japspeed since Gav can get good prices on these and everything I wanted was in stock! Big brake kit, especially for the front was top of the list as this is essential on a track project so I ordered a set of D2 330mm initially but Gav called me to say Japspeed now have the 356mm kit in special edition black finish available for a little extra - no surprise I went for the bling haha :D

So here is the only pic I have of the car at the mo...

Only goodies she has are 3" catback exhaust system (looks like Kakimoto or similar to me) and paddle clutch. The rest is pretty much all standard but main thing is that she's had a top end refresh with VVT rattle fixed and drives pretty nice :thumbs:

My first purchase for this project was a Bride Zeta III bucket seat and low rail courtesy of Mitto who was clearing out stuff he didn't want from his immense S15 project...

Whilst I was down collecting the Bride, Mitto tempted me into getting the Koyo twin core quality rad that also came out of his 15 lol...

Then I sourced a nice used Sparco deep dish 350mm steering wheel through Adam @ Feast Auto...

Then I made a break for it and ordered a whole load of stuff which will be fitted in stages as I book time off from work to travel up to The Speed Factory and do as much as I can with Gav and his team's help if needed :) The guys will start on a few jobs like the coilovers and big brake kit but I'd like to try strip, clean, re-paint and fit as much of the rollcage myself as possible (with a couple of mates' help of course).

Japspeed goodies...

More goodies ordered through Dan @ SRB Power... cheers Dan!!

^^ Above includes quality 19 row oil cooler with filter relocation kit and x2 sets of 4-point TRS harnesses.

Got a set of front plus rear Whiteline ARB's off SXOC which cost me half the price against new...

Then managed to successfully buy an Apex full 6-point rollcage off SXOC seller which I'll be collecting at Japfest. Again bargain price against new!!

Also managed to purchase a mint condition Bride Vios III (black) bucket seat off seller on DW... he shipped it over from Ireland for 300 notes all in :) This will be the passenger seat...

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Finally, decided on the aero which is the M Sport style bodykit...

So, I've already ordered the front bumper from Leon @ EP Racing and it's now at Speed Factory ready for me to test fit and get onto the car etc :) Hopefully the skirts will be in stock soon!! The back end I will do something similar to my previous S15 ;)

Gav will be working on a set of new style wide-arches for my S14a track project so watch this space!!

Will also be chatting to Gav this and next week in order to decide on the wheels... very keen on Rota SVN (bronze) at the moment. Aiming to get a set of Rotas as first set of wheels and then look to get a second set from maybe Adam @ Feast Auto - a genuine set of quality used JDM rimmage like Enkei NT03-M's and slap on a set of semi-slicks as well :thumbs:

So... plenty to do and a few more bits to order before she's past the first milestone and ready for some track action!! As you can tell I'm concentrating on suspension, brakes and asthetics first as I want a excellent handling track car and only when I've had more and more track experience, playing about with settings etc will I then progress onto getting more power/torque/boost ;)

As an overall plan, I'd be happy with around 400 bhp but with her handling like a train and catching all the standard Porsches around Oulton Park :D

Thanks for reading... keep checking back!!!

James

*MY SINCERE THANKS to Gav @ The Speed Factory who has and will be helping me out loads!! Also thanks to Dan @ SRB Power and Leon @ EP Racing :thumbs:

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
looking good james, be good to see this project take shape over the next few months - but jesus, you're spending some money on that old banger aren't you :p

Reaction score
Blimey, I thought this was supposed to be a cheap track toy:wack:

Some nice gear there though, especially like the Enkie wheels:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Nice one James!

You dont hang about do you, youv'e got so much for it already :nod:

Hopefuly see you on Saturday for a catch up!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looking good mate! Some nice parts there already!!
How is gav? Has he started his new project yet??
Didn't know that feast sourced wheels too,that's good news as I am trying to get price on rims atm and they are coming up real expensive! Maybe 2nd hand will be the way to go.
I love the m sport front looks awesome!!!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Mr Tooley yeah looks like our stands are neighbours @ Japfest haha!! :D

Cheers Chris - Gav has been doing lots of nice things with his Skyline 350GT... looks ace!! I will post up some pics I took of her in the gallery section tonight ;)

Jay - deffo gotta hook up this Sat!! It's been too long dude!!!

Dean/Adam - yup I'm spending a fair wack in one go but really I'm not looking to throw much more money at the project once this initial build has been completed lol. Yes, a lot of my mates have said I shouldn't spend a penny on the bodystyling but really when you look at the costs and percentages the front bumper, side-skirts and soon to be rear diffuser hanging underneath the stock rear end then all of this combined is still less than a set of D2 356mm front brake kit.

I will be prepping and rattle canning any new body parts that go on this car... not paying for proper re-sprays or anything of the sort as it's gonna have that rough 'n' ready track spirit as part of the build :thumbs: My other idea is to paint all new body aero in satin black so there's a patchwork red and black theme going on.. end result who knows could look stupid but hey, who cares when I'll just rattle can the rest haha?! :p

I want to ensure I get as much money invested in the handling and braking and be done with it. None of this mild R33 or factory Brembo upgrade since I don't think those will cut the mustard when I'm going through paces out at Oulton Park or Donnington!! I want to see how far I get on a virtually stock engine/power/torque S14 but with at least 12 months of time and money invested in as much handling/braking upgrades, I'm hoping my theory that a car that can brake and turn in corners better, grip better, entry speed faster will beat another car out on track that is standard in all those areas but on paper has much more bhp ;)

Time will tell!!

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ohh Speed Factory have just sorted me with a set of Rota SVN 18x10 +30 in bronze which is what I've been asking for!! :D

Will try and get more pics updated after I work on the car for a couple of days end of June... I'm itching to get started!!! lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
....F*CK!!!! and I thought I had spending issues dude! :p
lmao... nobody has spending issue like me!! And also patience issues... like me!!! mwahaha :p

Looking at ordering Rota SVN 18x9 +25 (FRONT) & 18x10 +20 (REAR) for that awesome staggered setup ;)

Shame I can't afford some genuine Volk RE-30's and get them gold plated lol...

:eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Haha that's mental!!!!!!! If u want them that colour u can buy rattle cans that get chrome/goldplated finish just a thought if u kerb a rim do it gold!!! My mate did his guitar in it and it look proper pimp!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Me too! On the type r forum i use we have a group called more money than sense motors lol!!!! Everyone needs a hobby and tHese guys could defo join our club !!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Andeep your to right there also Res S14's are the best ;) haha

James your making me want to put more money on my credit card and get the 14 finished :( why did you have to come back :wack: LOL

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
looking good pal :) you going to tax insurance it etc, or just get a trailer and take it to track days on that? never thought about having a track car myself, but what a good idea..

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
haha my credit card has melted!!! TBF I'm at a stage in my life where the job's good, kids are growing up (a bit lol) ,wife's happy (apart from me spending on the car) and just moved to our dream house so everthing's settled :)

The only thing I've wanted for the past few years is a dedicated track car and I'm determined to get this done!! My initial dream of going to the Nurburgring for many years was fulfilled last year so I need a new challenge mwahaha!!!!

Rota SVN 18x9 +25 and 18x10 +30 has been ordered :D Thanks again to Gav @ Speed Factory for sorting me out :thumbs:

Last edited: