What's new

FS: Group buy on CF Cooling Panels - (Garage Defend Style)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
This is an old thread from an old Group buy. See below for more up to date details..

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.p...Cooling-Panels-Garage-Defend-replicas&p=70640

(Hope i've posted this in the right section!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370133003281&ih=024&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem

Looking to do a group buy on the item above. I've been speaking to the guy selling them via e-mail, and he seems genuine and his feedback seems very good too. They work out very cheap compared to the cost of genuine Garage Defend items, which work out at £300 plus shipping.

Cost per item is $99.99 (£67.65)
Shipping is $45 (£30.44) for the first item - and $10 (£6.77) for each additional

so they will cost the following amounts EACH, depending on how many people want them..

1 - £98.09
2 - £86.26
3 - £82.31
4 - £80.34
5 - £79.16
6 - £78.37

The prices above are the actual cost of the item. There will be additional costs such as delivery within the UK, and import tax (hopefully avoidable) ;)

I'll be placing my order on Friday 2nd Januray, so let me know if you want to take part

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Lets get the list started then...

1. craig8585
2. mook

:)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
1. craig8585
2. mook
3. Jappy Junk
4. sniffy
5. deans15 (provided the fitment is good)

Reaction score
Country
1. craig8585
2. mook
3. Jappy Junk
4. sniffy
6. JEZ 8553 (dont suppose he has pics of it fittted?)

D

D BOY

1. craig8585
2. mook
3. Jappy Junk
4. sniffy
7. D BOY (i am on holiday from the 1st of jan and back on the 13th, when will payment be needed??)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I have sent PM's to everybody on the list except for you DeanS15, as your inbox is full!

I've asked the guy some more questions about fitment and am awaiting his reply. Just had another look thru his feedback and it it virtually impeccible :) I want to send this order off ASAP, and there are only 8 for sale, so as soon as there are 8 people interested I'll send it off.

:)

EDIT: Yea D_Boy, I'll require payments for the panels before the order is placed. Please note there are only 8 of these available at the moment and it looks like we're going to fill this quite easily so the final price will be confirmed soon (approx £76 each hopefully)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
1. craig8585
2. mook
3. Jappy Junk
4. sniffy
7. D BOY (i am on holiday from the 1st of jan and back on the 13th, when will payment be needed??)
8. Benne (would be nice if shipping from UK to Germany is no problem!)

S

StarletRick

same Q as Jez really, any pics of em fitted???

1. craig8585
2. mook
3. Jappy Junk
4. sniffy
8. Benne (would be nice if shipping from UK to Germany is no problem!)
9 StarletRick.

Reaction score
Country
If he could at least send you a pic of the item as im just worried that the pic on his advert is just a picture of the Garage Defend item ?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
OK, i see your points. I've just e-mailed the seller requesting some pics of all 8 items and I will post them up here when they come.

Benne.. I have checked shipping prices to Germany and it will be £29.49 ontop of the cost of the panel, so unfortunatly it would be cheaper for you to buy one and get it sent straight to you. Because of this I assume you won't want to take part anymore, so have taken your name off the list, but if you still want in I'll put you back on. Sorry about that mate.

So the list iss now full and as it stands..

1. craig8585
2. mook
3. Jappy Junk
4. sniffy
7. D BOY
8. StarletRick
9. (Reserve)
10. (Reserve)

If anyone else wants to put their name down as a reserve incase anyone pulls out then feel free.

Cheers, Craig

Last edited:
S

StarletRick

im still up for this, but it is pending pictures. i cant put my money down on somethign without seeing a decent pic of it first.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
1. craig8585
2. mook
3. Jappy Junk
4. sniffy
7. D BOY
8. StarletRick
9. (Reserve) Darren_S15 (provided the fitment is good)
10. (Reserve)

Just wish Id seen this sooner :(

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
pic looks good becuase its no their item if im not mistaken. Id be interested its just eBay can be so lame sometimes :(
huh.. what do you mean its not their item? who's item is it then?...

Yeah ebay can be lame somtimes, and i'm fairly sure everyone who's name is on the list knows that, but I am sending no money either until I have seen pictures of the actual items to be sent, so I know he actually has the items, and that they are the same as the ones in the pic.
The seller has a very good feedback record too, so if the pics he sends me are of the item in the advert, and there are 8 of them I will be happy enough with that.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
true enough, thats the defend one is it not? It also like to see pics, so he only had 8 available? hmm so u looking for 2 reserves too for the list?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They look like Garage Defend ones because they are copies of Garage defend ones. The auction that I bought them off was for one panel, and there was 8 available (see link). I have agreed to buy all 8 panels pending pictures. Everyone in the group buy will be in the same boat.. which means i'm not risking £500+ of my own money on this. It has all been explained in the pm's i sent to people who have their name on the list and if people agree to it then fair do's. Nothing is going to happen though until he sends me pics of the items and satisfys me that he has all 8 in stock ready for immediate dispatch.

I have been reading thru PayPals T&C's regarding buyer protection, and this mass purchase will be covered by their'buyer procection scheme' - so if the worst was to happen and they dont arrive, then we should all get out money back one way or another. Again, this has been explained in the pm's I sent out.

There are 2 resreve places incase people drop out of the buy. Seemed the fairest and simplest way I could think of dong it.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i sorted my inbox mate, am i still 5th in the pickings - hope so:thumbs: